For weeks, every time I wrote ‘funeral’ I saw and heard ‘fun-eral’. And that led to this rather wild idea of a Fun-eral Party.
Here’s the idea:
- You get together a bunch of friends who are prepared to creak open the door to conversation around funerals (and death even!)
- You make sure you have between four and eight of you, not too many and not too few, but any age or sex.
- You make a date and time (making sure I can be there, of course), allowing approx. 2 hours.
- You provide some drinks and nibbles to suit your friends, or a simple meal if you’d rather.
- And you tell them this is a party where they pay for the privilege of talking about the last taboo.
I bring to the party my:
- sense of fun
- delight in getting death and funerals into the open
- sense of ‘anything goes’
- ability to make sure everyone is heard
- experience and knowledge if you want it
- some evocative questions